Friday, November 20, 2015

Day two: Oh hey, My luggage still isn't here.

Today began around six o'clock.
I had slept around twelve hours by that point so I mean, I can't complain. Actually, I can. So I will. Jet lag is the worst. It strikes just when you just start to have fun.

Around eight thirty I went on a walk around Ashford. I think the locals may have been slightly put off by my large, stupid grin. I said excuse me to an old lady to let her pass by me and she carried the expression that I had committed a mortal sin of the highest degree. On that walk I ended up walking into a supermarket. I wanted to find something to buy but the fact that every Pound is like two Dollars was a little off-putting. I actually have yet to buy anything that will not be refunded by Delta because of my bag arriving late. Yeah, it's still not here. I want nothing more at this point then to be able to wear clean clothes.

After the eventful walk Rob and I took the train into London. We emerged from the tube onto Oxford Street. The massive amount of people that instantly surrounded me was one of the most unnerving things I think I have ever experienced. My short time there may have effectively planted the seeds of severe agoraphobia. I'll let you know later. We started the day with the British museum. It was awesome, although I think I could spend a week there and still have more to see. I'd recommend the mummies and the clock exhibit, cause I mean, dude, clocks and mummies.

The other museum we checked out was called the Imperial War Museum. I would recommend it based solely on it's name. I mean, it's a relic from when kings actually had tons of power. Anyway, if you know me, you know that I love me some military history. My feelings of intense joy were confirmed when I was greeted at the front gate by two gigantic battleship guns. The inside was just your typical conglomeration of machines of death, but British. God save the Queen. It was all I could muster to keep myself from giggling at random intervals in front of various posh Europeans. I may have a few times. I have no shame. I saw a v2 rocket and a tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment