Friday, December 18, 2015

Man, Dresden is so...hygenic

Yesterday I spent my first day in Dresden exploring the town with a German guy named Tim. I met Tim in my hostel room. All I did was ask him if he wanted to go to the German hygiene museum. Boom, instant friendship.
Dresden has definitely lived up to the hype, it is incredibly beautiful. Here's a glimpse at what a lot of the buildings in the Altstadt look like.
Beautiful. Although I can't decide if this photo is actually good, or if I'm just hoping it is. 

I especially liked this. I forget the name, but it's a mural that depicts all of the Saxon monarchs that reigned here. Tim later made the realization that besides a small girl, there were no women in the entire thing. Those sexist bastards. 

We spent most of the day at the German hygiene museum. I had just typed in to Google "Things to do in Dresden" and that seemed like a cool place to spend a few hours. I mean come on hygiene is such an interesting, mainstream topic. It was not at all what we thought it was. There was nothing about hygiene. I'll let this photo do the talking.

You see correctly. That is a manikin of an incredibly ripped man in a man thong gesturing to his package. 

That was a photo taken from the human sexuality section of the exhibit. Tim and I couldn't for the life of us actually figure the correlation of any of the exhibits to hygiene. The tour began with a section  on anatomy, then eating habits, human sexuality, your brain on drugs, stress, and some weird Victorian thing with like... spoons. Another exhibit in the museum was about sustainable fashion. It was definitely an interesting museum. I can't say I have a real desire to go back. Today we plan on seeing nice things, like Christmas markets. 

To end things, have some eye bleach. 



No comments:

Post a Comment