Sunday, November 29, 2015

Amsterdam

I must have put off writing this post at least fifty times.
Amsterdam is a complicated city. It really is. You can look at it from so many different angles and perspectives it's insane. All in all, I think Amsterdam is the bomb diggity. This is the part where all of you nod with knowing smiles and accuse me of debauchery. Sure, I saw the coffee shops and the prostitutes, but you really have to in order to get a feel for the city. They on their own are an attraction, like a circus freak show.
It was definitely an experience coming here, but my time here left me wanting more. The city is great, but you can only do so much in a day.
Anyway, Amsterdam, 9/10.

3 comments:

  1. "Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin."
    John Green - The Fault in Our Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote just about sums it up! Kind of embarrassing but that is one of my favorite books. I thought about the Amsterdam part a lot while I was there.

      Delete
  2. Hi I hear you visited my ol bro Billy ! any stories or pics ? steve s

    ReplyDelete