Sunday, November 22, 2015

To the mainland!

Today was my last day in the U.K. I feel a little like I have left some unfinished business as I took the running tour of London in two days. It was like I saw everything, but not in as much detail as I would like. A lot of the cool old churches and cathedrals were closed to tourism today as it was Sunday. I couldn't take a tour of Westminster Abbey or Saint Paul's, but I was able to go in to the evensong service at the Abbey and an organ recital at Saint Paul's. So yeah, I'm basically a criminal in the U.K. now. In all seriousness both of the services were amazing. I plan to come back to visit those two spots at the end of my three months just because they were so awesome. I have a strong feeling that Saint Paul's will take the number one spot for ornate religious building in my personal list.
I saw Buckingham palace, Trafalgar square and most of the other landmarks today as well, but as I said earlier, running tour of London.

And now I would like to enter into a segment I call Anarchy in the U.K.


"Hey Max, is that kind of a historic monument you're defacing?"
"Uhhh, no comment..."

Yeah, I sat on one of the Sphinxes by Cleopatra's Needle. It was pretty cool. I'm Pretty cool.

Tomorrow I bid England adieu and set off to the mainland. I really wanted to take the Chunnel so I could have a massive claustrophobia attack underneath the English Channel but that was way too expensive. I opted to take a ferry instead. I think that will be pretty neat, or as the Brits say, "OI LUV THA'S KOMPLETELY MENTAL INNIT?" 
I need a hat, and a scarf. Nobody here is seen without those two things. I look all American with my Columbia jacket and stupid grin and it bothers me. Grr...

No comments:

Post a Comment