Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Dresden!

After a long, drawn out process, I managed to find a place to go to next that was sufficiently close, and fulfilled my personal interests (I slept in and picked a random German city twenty minutes before I checked out). I chose Dresden, a rather unassuming German city with a knack for having kick ass Christmas markets. Apparently the Christmas market there is the oldest continuously operating one in Germany. It's like the super bowl of festivities, with fewer commercials and more hot wine than it's football counterpart. It also happened to be on my way to Kassel, which is the city I'm going to spend Christmas in with a friend of mine.
Dresden was at one time known as an incredibly beautiful city until it was fire bombed into oblivion during the second world war. I don't know how much of the city has been rebuilt to be in that fashion, but I hope it still holds some of that charm. It also holds the German museum of Hygiene and the German transport museum, two attractions that I hope are as amusing as they sound.

To end this post I'd like to share one last Poland ball to commemorate my time here.


It's a little dark, But I don't care anymore. I've had enough Poland to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment