Thursday, November 19, 2015

It sets in

Alright! So a lot has happened since the last time I checked in. Reality has shown it's face and has revealed itself to be quite annoying. My flight from Winnipeg was forty minutes late. I quickly realized this was a problem when I noticed my layover in Minneapolis was only fifty minutes. While voicing my concern to my current traveling companions, they all looked at me with an air of sadness like people glimpsing at a man wrongly marked for death. As I stepped out of the gate I tightened my backpack straps, clutched my coat with the vigor of a man with nothing else to his name, and started sprinting to my gate. Said gate was at like the exact opposite side of the airport. A slew of desperate prayers to really any god that would listen (I'm looking at you Ishkur) crossed my mind in the gauntlet that followed. I did actually make it to the gate. Last call had been called five minutes ago and the flight attendants were walking to the ramp door to shut it.

So yeah, relatively normal transatlantic flight other than that. I watched like four movies, shoulda probably slept. However, the real fun started when I landed at London Heathrow.

As I was going through the border the lady at the counter said I needed the address of place of stay on the travel card they make you fill out. So, off to a corner of the room and the back of the line I went. I sent a desperate email to my cousin and waited like five minutes. . . No answer. So I uh . . . Kind of wrote down a random hotel in the town I'm staying in. But hey it worked

After that mishap It also turned out my bag was still in North America. So yeah, at the moment it's five in the morning (curse you jet lag) in beautiful Ashford England and I literally only have the clothes on my back. My Cousin Robert and his wife Lorna have been really accommodating though.

Today it looks like Rob and I are going to go on a museum crawl in London. Super excited about that. On Sunday It looks like we'll be back for more of the traditional sights.

In this picture are literally all of my possessions at the moment except my camera and laptop. 
Also, Stonehenge!  

4 comments:

  1. Do people comment on blogs? Is that a thing? Delete this if you want to.
    Just saying, this is damn cool. I met you at boy's state back in the day, if you're curious who the hell this random stranger is. When you find yourself lost in some desolate trail with an unidentifiable beast (probably Shia Labeouf) breathing down your neck, just remember, I'm enthusiastically following your blog. Hopefully that will give you the strength to carry on. Good stuff, man.
    Chris Molenaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, when I met you at the Boys State of aught 14, I knew you were a winner. Winners comment on blogs. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Max if you see franzi or David while you're out there in the wild being adventurous, tell them I say hi. Also I wish you luck and I'll be reading daily! Xoxo -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course! I'm spending Christmas with them!

    ReplyDelete