Saturday, November 21, 2015

Jaffa cake and fresh clothes

My bag finally arrived today. I will never take clean clothes for granted in my life ever again.

This morning Rob, Daniel, and I went to Canterbury to see the cathedral. Not a very long drive from Ashford. In my travels I have been to a few cathedrals but this one was definitely the best I have seen. It was HUGE! It is probably what people think about when they think of when they are imagining a large, majestic church.

A chapel dedicated to posh sounding Kent military units such as the Buffs


...and the  LORD  said "Yea, even in death, let there be swag"


Massive.


Another massive section. 

On closer inspection the graffiti was actually really old. 


The best part is that this really old one was put there like six centuries after the cathedral was built. 


If you're ever in Kent, go here. Truly breathtaking, and if you're into the macabre, the walls are literally lined with dead people. Not it a gruesome sense, but like the tomb with swag dude in picture two. Also, a guy was martyred there named Thomas Becket. I'm going to watch a movie in a few minutes about him and the cathedral I went to just this morning. Neat. 


1 comment: