Sunday, January 10, 2016

Heh heh...I saw a lot of Wieners.

Yeah, I know. The title is a bad joke. If you don't understand it, the German word for Vienna is Wien, so a person from Vienna is a Wiener.
I went to Vienna with the full intention of seeing all of the things that I had not seen the first time I had been there. The first day was pretty good, I went for a really long walk just to check out some of the city, try to find things to see. I was at this cool park and saw this majestic golden statue of Strauss that I wanted to take a picture of. Turns out I had left my camera at the hostel. I have no pictures of my first day now, sweet. On the second day, the fog was so thick that any pictures that I would have taken wouldn't have been very good. On top of that, my right knee started throbbing and my mobility was restricted pretty badly.
I spent most of the rest of my time in Vienna sitting at my hostel trying to heal enough to be able to carry my bag and travel. I'm actually pretty sad about this. At least I've been there before.

Next time, right?

3 comments:

  1. We are using your Auschwitz blog in class today. We just talked about the Holocaust while reading Soldier X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's great! Glad that I've become a resource! If you would like, I could even talk to your classes about my experiences in concentration camps when I get back to the States. I like talking so it wouldn't be a problem for me!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete