Monday, January 25, 2016

Milan

So here's the deal, my trips coming to an end and I really want to get to Spain. In Naples I decided to go to Barcelona. Only problem with that is that the trip from Naples to Barcelona is right around 24 hours. So, I'm breaking it up by making one day stops in a bunch of places in between. I should be in Spain in around two days. After around three days in Barcelona I'll take one last tourist-y stop in Paris before I chill in London with a friend of mine for two days to get my affairs in order before I fly out.
One of my stops was Milan. I've never really had much interest in going to Milan, but I valued my day there. I think value isn't the correct term actually. It's more like I was appreciative to have found a park with a tree I could sit under and read. I managed to finish the book Orange is the New Black while snacking (Gorging myself) on some bread, meat, and cheeses I had bought at a supermarket.

Pretty great TV show too. 

I did end up walking into the city to see what it was like, but to be honest, I  wasn't really in the tourism mood. I spent most of my time getting lost in an attempt to find something cool. It worked I guess. I manged to find the main square and see the large cathedral. I genuinely think that in order to enjoy Milan to it's fullest, you should have more money than the average 20 something backpacker. 

 The hostel I stayed in was the worst one I have yet had the pleasure of staying in. The bathroom was constantly wet, the room smelled like people no matter what you did, and around midnight on my first night two old Italian guys started yelling at each other in my room. Speaking of those charming old men, one of them had a bed right next to mine. As dormitory space confinements dictated in this case, there was only around a foot between me and this large scary stereotype. 

I think to draw a fitting close to my time in Milan, I'll  leave you with this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment