Friday, January 15, 2016

Howdy Strangers!

Man...It's been five days. It doesn't feel like the last time I posted was five days ago.

I have to apologize for not posting more often lately. I would like to say it's because I haven't had time, but the truth is that I haven't felt up to it. I'm lazy, it just happens.

Anyway, since Vienna, I have been in Budapest, Salzburg, and I have just arrived in Venice.
Budapest was wonderful. I think it would be a great place to hang out with friends and drink an excessive amount of coffee. The architecture is out of this world. It really is a great place to be, not an eyesore anywhere, and if I'm correct, I believe part or all of Budapest is recognized by UNESCO for being a great example of 1800's urban planning. That makes sense, Budapest made me feel like what I imagine San Francisco would feel like. San Fran seems like it also is a good example of 1800's vibe. Don't quote me on that though, I've never been there.

Salzburg was pretty much just a pit stop to break up the longer journey from Budapest to Venice. I've been to Salzburg before. It was a welcome break however. I would bet money that there is no better way to wake up in the morning than breathing in pure Alpine air. I think a small part of me died this morning when I boarded my train. I have left German speaking territory for the foreseeable future. Germany and to a lesser extent the other German speaking countries are like my second home. Everything there is normal. I GET it there.

Venice seems nice so far. I got here later in the day so I haven't done anything yet really. I did throw out my back, so that's nice. I think the farther I get into the trip the worse the injuries I'll receive.

I'll make sure to take a lot of pictures tomorrow! Until then!

2 comments:

  1. the best croissants I've ever eaten were found in Venice....such a magical, ethereal sinking city ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best croissants I've ever eaten were found in Venice....such a magical, ethereal sinking city ❤

    ReplyDelete