Monday, December 21, 2015

A soliloquy

I don't plan on making this a long entry, I just wanted to point something out really.

I am now sitting in bed almost ready to go to sleep, and have just said goodnight personally to Tim the German, Oskar the Chinese guy, and Mohammed the Syrian. These are my roommates tonight. The fact that I can hang out with all of these diverse guys in Leipzig, Germany blows my mind. Truly, this beats going to college at the moment. As of now on this trip, I have met Spaniards, Brits, French people, Koreans, Egyptians, Australians, Irish people, Chinese people, Austrians, Germans, Poles, Czechs, Russians, Syrians, Afghans, Indians, New Zealanders, Japanese people, and some Mexicans. Also a few of my American countrymen but those guys are too normal to me.

The diversity of people like myself just wanting to experience the world is astounding. Through this trip I have realized that all people are the same. Sure, I may have said I knew that prior, but now I really have experience with people from all over the world. People are the same in the simple fact that they just want to be happy. I think that no matter what, every person deep down just wants to feel like they have good people and good food around them and nothing else. I guess it's kind of like what Mark Twain said about travel being the only cure for ignorance. Through experiencing these people, I realize that they aren't just imaginary places that a person only hears about on TV shows.

And if that ain't the niftiest thing I've ever written I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment