Tuesday, December 8, 2015

When In doubt, find an Australian.

In my these past few weeks I've come to realize something, the best resource for any situation is to find your current hostel's Australians and bother them.
It's a really solid plan, Aussies tend to know everything and are generally pretty solid people too. Need to know a great bar? Australians.
Need a new group? Australians.
Hungry? Australians.

Wait, don't ask them about food, they have Vegemite.

I actually ended up extending my stay in Hamburg by two days just so I could spend some more time with a group of Australians (and one French guy) I had met up with. The one guy is also a blogger, so in an attempt to gain karma, here's a shameless plug for his blog:

stumpedsincebirth.com

The title is funnier if you read the blog. It'll all come to you after a while.

On to my current whereabouts!
I'm in Warsaw Poland! I got here late! I haven't done anything yet! The city is cloaked in a bank of some of the thickest fog I have ever seen. Everything has a weird ominous feeling to it as a result. I've actually started to wonder if it's smog, I've never seen smog before. It could also be a result of methodical chain smoking. I have never seen a person actually three finger a cigarette before and had chalked it up to seedy looking gangsters in movies. I can now assure you that weird variations of ingesting cancer sticks are alive and well in Poland.

This. They smoke them like this. 

Tomorrow looks good. I have like six museums to go see and a plethora of Polocks to hang out with. 

Really hoping they have kvas here. It's good. Look it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment