Monday, December 14, 2015

Polish the Polish

I won't keep it a secret, I'm becoming, in actuality, sick and tired of being in Poland. I meant to be here for like four days max and I've now been here for like eight with two more definite days planned. Here's the deal, Poland is cold and isn't on everybody's list of things to see in Europe during the winter. At the hostel scene, there aren't too many people that want to hang out and see all of the attractions (However few there are). I've been a lone wolf for too long. I need socialization like a duck billed platypus needs metaphysical assistance to survive.
At the hostel I'm currently at in Wroclaw (Breslau for you traditionalists) I've pretty much been sitting in the common room writing blog posts and catching up on my journal. There is a Polish girl reading a book and a Romanian guy sitting in the corner playing League of Legends. He's pretty cool though, he gave me some desert thing like a souffle just for being one of the three people in the same room.
Onion dome!

Average park in Poland. They love the army more than we Americans do. I have to say it's disheartening. The Polish have out 'Merican-ed 'Merica. 

Oh look. Poland. 

I did have the best schwarma I've ever consumed in Warsaw though, so that's a plus. Get it with a coke, will not disappoint. 

4 comments:

  1. Greetings from Thief River Falls. Hope you're doing well. Take care of yourself and enjoy your experience. Merry Christmas. Cheryl Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Thief River Falls. Hope you're doing well. Take care of yourself and enjoy your experience. Merry Christmas. Cheryl Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Metaphysical assistance." Now that's some good reading! ~ Jim Hustad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try Jim. It's either become a successful blogger or work in the salt mines.

      Delete